Monday, July 3, 2017

An Afternoon at DanTDM Live

My daughter loves watching YouTube videos of people playing video games. So when Dan TDM (The Diamond Minecart) announced his tour, we purchased tickets. I went into this with an open mind, not really knowing what to expect. My knowledge of Dan was pretty limited. I know he's English, has pugs (which my daughter is obsessed with), he plays many games - especially Minecraft, is married and he's on YouTube. Oh and he has the elusive Diamond YouTube button. Personally, I have only seen a few episodes of his extremely entertaining YouTube show and I was unsure how this would translate to a live show.




Dan asks that we not share the content of the show and I'll gladly oblige. The show is roughly 2.5 hours long with a 20 minute intermission. The live shows has familiar faces: Elle and Darcy, Dr Trayorus, Craig the Mailman and Eve. The interactive show has the audience helping Dan and Eve through various puzzles - some of which have select audience members joining the pair on stage. This fun show is a must see for fans of Dan TDM.



Even though I was unsure as to what to expect, I had a good time. This is a creative show with enough interaction to keeps the kids interested in what is going on. I noticed a few places within the show where their were hiccups, but my daughter didn't seem to notice. What I took away from the show is that Dan really enjoys what he does and he values his fans.

No comments: